Monday, October 1, 2007

Finally, some knitting content

You know how when you get to the end of something, you just don't want to finish it, because then it would be, well, finished? Like the last piece in a jigsaw puzzle, or the last bite of cherry pie... that's how I've felt about the Alphabet Blanket that I made for my niece Alexis. No problem, though, as she is still in her mother's belly until (hopefully) mid-November. Well, my mother has made a quilt for little Alexis, and I offered to do the quilting, so I figured it was time to get off my butt and finish Alphabet Blanket so I don't have to worry about it while doing the quilting.

Ta Dah! Here it is being blocked. (The pink is way too pink in this picture!)

Now, to give credit where credit is due: I first saw this blanket on Jenn's blog. She made one for her son before he was born. Go take a look - she has an adorable baby boy. I had a great time with this pattern, even though there were some errors in the charts. It's from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits book. No worries though, as a fellow Raveler emailed me this link with errata for Debbie Bliss patterns. Gotta love Ravelry!

7 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

It looks great! Inspired me to want to make one too now!

Lapdog Creations said...

GREAT blanket!!! Love it!

Tsuki said...

That is brilliant - you must have the patience of a saint to finish something where it matters so much if you go wrong! I love the colour too, a nice bold strong pink rather than the usual pale washed out baby pink (which is nice, but doesn't have the longevity, and gets mucky!)

Heather said...

ravelry is so awesome! it is things like errate from fellow knitters that make it so cool. i am really addicted to it.

silfert said...

Spectacular! I've never tried a pointed edging. Was it hard?

Donna said...

What a beautiful blanket...awesome job!

Jennifer Lori said...

Shoot- I didn't warn you about the errata? I'm sorry!

It looks amazing! Don't you feel so proud of yourself for it? I love just looking at mine! LOL