Thursday, January 25, 2007

Confession time

I have been a very bad girl. Two weeks in a row I have placed orders with Knit Picks. Naughty, naughty, naughty. In my defense, their prices are really good, and I have fallen in love with their needles, both circs and dps, and, well, I am weak. No self control whatsoever. But look at the really cool hat I'm planning on whipping up. Yes, it's called a "scrappy" hat, but what's a girl to do if she doesn't have enough scraps? Have cold ears? No...BUY MORE YARN!

What's that??? Oh...a little voice inside my head just reminded me that I am under a deadline for the baby set. Yes, the sweater parts and bonnet parts are done, but they still need to be assembled. The blanket, however, is taking longer than anticipated. A LOT longer. 363 stitches of a lacy pattern on size 3 needles doesn't move along as quickly as one might think.

Pardon me???? Oh...the voice again. Yes, I have fallen behind on making squares on the mitred square blankie. That pain in the patoot stupid intricate baby blanket has taken up so much time.

What is it this time, little voice??? Yes, I know. Don't even ask how long it has been since I picked up and worked on one of the five (count 'em...5) socks I currently have on needles in various stages of completion.

How am I going to get that little voice to shut the heck up? I know...I need a hat to cover my ears. I know of a great pattern for a scrappy hat, but I'll need more yarn.......

And so it goes....

No comments: