Friday, January 19, 2007

12 Squares and Happy Birthday!

Well, another week has come and gone, so it is time for a blankie update. Twelve squares - not as many as last week, but still not too bad. Here is a today's pic:



Here's a close-up of a new scrap yarn that has been added to the mix. This is the leftover yarn from my first pair of Jaywalker socks. I just love the wide bands of colors, and like the way a large block really shows them off.

The back of the blankie is looking pretty hairy - I haven't taken the time to weave in the ends for quite a while. One of these nights I'm going to have to resign myself to it. For now, the just-one-more-block thing is just too much temptation.

On another note completely unrelated to knitting or Brittanys, I have to wish the man in my life a happy birthday. He's a wonderful guy and I love him to bits. Today is the 42nd anniversary of his 29th birthday (hope I did the math right). That's right...it's my dad--the grandfather of my dogs! Dad, if you're reading this, yes you ARE their grandfather. They are the only kids I'll ever have, so that makes you their grandpa. Big birthday hugs and kisses to you! Especially sloppy wet lickey-face kisses from Mellie, Emma and Tara, aka "the quiet one" "the one who jumps on you and scratches your arms" and "brown dog with a tail"!

No comments: