Friday, September 7, 2007

Filthy, rotten, scumbag!

I found out about a heartbreaking story at Nichole's blog. It turns out that a police officer in Arizona was arrested for his role in the death of a fellow officer, K-9 Officer Bandit. That's right, Bandit was a police dog. How did he die? Sgt. Lovejoy left him in the police cruiser for more than 12 hours. Twelve hours, in a car, in August, in Arizona, where the temperature was 109 degrees that day. Click here to read the full story.

This kind of abuse makes me so very angry. I filed a complaint against this scum-bag, and urge anyone else reading this to do the same thing. This is the link where you can file a complaint. Officer Bandit was entrusted to Sgt. Lovejoy's care, and Sgt. Lovejoy greatly abused that privilege, so much so that he caused Officer Bandit's death. Sgt. Lovejoy should be stripped of his rank, his job, and his pension. If there were any true justice in this world, Sgt. Lovejoy would be sentenced to be confined to the back seat of his police cruiser in the desert sun until he is dead.

5 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Thanks for posting that... I am really in a uproar about it and its a good thing I don't live in Phoenix... I'd be boycotting the police station daily!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Dianae. I've filed a complaint as well. I'm a former AZ resident. Anyone with an ounce of commonsense knows that the desert sun is deadly. Not to mention that it is illegal to leave animals in cars in AZ. I hope that moron is dismissed from the police force.

silfert said...

This is beyond stupidity. This is directly contributing to the death of a fellow officer. Lock him in the trunk and leave him there.

Tsuki said...

I can't believe that a police officer would be so stupid! It's beyond belief!
Even leaving them for a few minutes is wrong in heat like that. We were transporting my hamster in our car and I wouldn't leave him in there for half an hour while we had lunch at some services because the sun was out. If I can think like that about a hamster, why can some people not think like it about a much bigger and so beautiful animal as the police dog? (Or in fact any dog!)
Then - people leave their babies too, so maybe some people are just plain dumb.

Anonymous said...

They finally charged him and I think suspended him. Makes you sick, doesn't it? It was so hot that day, too...dumb, dumb, dumb.