Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stuck in a rut!

My sixth pair of Jaywalkers. Ta Daaaa!

So what do you do after knitting six pair socks in the same pattern? Cast on for a seventh pair!
I just can't stop myself. I spent quite a while going through my sock books, and surfing around on the Internet while on vacation last week, and considered the Monkey pattern by Cookie A., or the Double Eyelet Rib or Cabletini patterns by Wendy Johnson, but no, back to the tried-and-true. Wendy's patterns are both toe-up, and although I've tried toe-up patterns in the past and didn't really like them, Wendy's construction is different, and think I'd like to give it a go. For now, those Jaywalkers just have a hold on me and refuse to let go!

On another subject, I was reading this post on Criquette's blog, and for a few fevered minutes I considered getting myself out to Kansas in mid September to join in on the seaming party for afghans for the Rebuilding Greensburg project, and to see the famous YARN HARLOT in Wichita on September 15th. How fun would that be? One problem - Wichita is 21 hours away. That's a loooong drive. Another problem -- I am terrified of flying, even if I could afford it, which I can't. Another problem -- it would take days to get there and back by train. Cheaper than flights, but still can't afford it. Another problem -- how could I ever leave these sweet little faces?

Well, it was a fun virtual vacation while it lasted...

3 comments:

silfert said...

WICHITA ON THE 15TH?! That's during Winfield! I might be able to go and take a picture for you...

Lapdog Creations said...

Cute pic of the kids!!! :)

Hey... if you find a pattern that you enjoy knitting, who cares? Knit as many as you want!

Criquette said...

I'll take lots of pictures! Emma and Tara look lie they're saying "Mom, pleeeeassse don't go!"