Saturday, August 11, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

I had such a great time in my first Secret Pal exchange, that I signed up for Secret Pal 11. Here are the answers to the questionnaire.


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like all kinds of sock yarn, and generally use US size 0, 1 or 2 needles, if that helps. Any and all fibers. I'm not picky.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my needles in shallow plastic boxes that were meant for fishing tackle, but I have moved the partitions around to accommodate double pointed needles. The circulars are in one of those canvas things you hang on the back of a door and each size is separate. I forget what it's called, but it's great.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I first learned when I was a kid, but only made a few dorky projects, which I thought were fabulous at the time. I picked it up again about 10 years ago, and mostly knit socks, but some baby/toddler items, too. I would consider myself at the intermediate level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No. I haven't quite figured out how to do it.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Anything floral, rose & lily of the valley are my favorites, also fruity or spicy. Anything that smells "natural" and not too strong.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh my, yes. Chocolate is a favorite, and I have unsophisticated taste buds. Plain old Hershey's milk chocolate or M&Ms put a smile on my face. I like anything that does not contain marshmallow or gelatin or an animal product of any kind. "No food with a face" is my motto.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, a little, but would like to do it more. I also enjoy making beaded stitch markers for my knitting, and I like fussing around in the garden. I also recently got into kayaking, and it is seriously cutting into my knitting time!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a variety of music: country, bluegrass, celtic harp, English folk songs, classical, anything Yo-Yo Ma does. I also enjoy audio books.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like blues and greens and reds, but I don't really have a favorite - I like knitting with a variety of colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single with lots of pets. Two dogs (Emma and Tara), two rabbits, (Momma Bunny and Sunshine), and two chickens (Ducky and Blackie), and the "stray" cats: "Joseph" who seems to be a resident, and "Tigger" and "Marcelle" who are frequent visitors.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats & mittens, but have never had a poncho.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, by far, but I'm branching out. I've made baby layettes, sweaters for toddlers, a couple of hats, mittens, and a scarf.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, of course. I always have several socks on the needles at any given time. I'm also working on a Mitred Square Blanket (using odd bits of sock yarn - really fun), and I'm working on an Aplhabet Blanket from one of Debbie Bliss' baby books.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use double points and the occasional circular for socks, and circulars for everything else. I have mostly aluminum needles, with a stray bamboo here and there to make things interesting.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, and yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have some partially finished socks that have got to be at least 2 years old, maybe more.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I'm not big on holidays. Maybe Christmas Eve is my favorite, because that is just my sister and parents. I like the changing of the seasons, and especially the ENDING of winter.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I don't collect anything in a big way (other than yarn, yarn and more yarn!). I like candles, chickens, anything "country."

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I love books! I haven't gotten the latest Yarn Harlot book "Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off" or the "Mason-Dixon Knitting" book. I subscribe to Knitters and Spin Off. Of course, one can never have too much sock yarn!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to work up the courage to knit a lace scarf or shawl.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, and I wear size 8 1/2 shoe. I'd measure my foot, but I can't find a tape measure, like always!

23. When is your birthday?
May 12

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, yes, yes, and I love it!!! My ID is BritKnitter

No comments: