Friday, August 17, 2007

Secret Pal 11 contest!

My Secret Pal 11 hostess is Heatherly of Yarn Yenta fame. She is holding a contest, and all we have to do to enter is answer the questions below. No problem!

Here are the questions:

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?

Hmmmm, tough one. I think it would have to be coilless safety pins. Love 'em! They have to be the ones without the coil, though, as traditional safety pins get stuck in the knitting. I use the little ones as stitch markers, counters, or just to hold a yarn needle or extra counters or whatever. I use the bigger ones as stitch holders, but first I blunt the sharp point with a metal file- makes it much easier to slip the stitches onto the safety pin.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?

Vacation...what's that? I haven't been anywhere since 1997. I just can't leave the dogs. "So, take them with you!", you say. I did. In 1997, we all went to Boothbay Harbor, Maine. It is lovely there, and we had a great time, as long as we didn't leave the cabin and try and take the dogs into polite society. My dogs are spoiled, undisciplined hooligans, but I wouldn't have them any other way. (Well, maybe the tiniest bit of discipline wouldn't be such a bad thing.)

Back to knitting, though. I always take a sock-in-progress where ever I go. Appointments, errands, day trips, etc. You never know when you will be delayed somewhere, and knitting keeps me sane. I keep a "mindless" pair of socks on the needles in the car at all times!

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?

Well, see the answer above. I've not really been anywhere, really. I've been as far west as Ohio (for a jigsaw puzzle contest! FUN!), south to Florida (the obligatory trips to Walt Disney World) and north to Maine, and somewhere in Ontario, Canada. I don't remember where, exactly, it was so long ago, but it was a cabin on a lake, and it was beautiful. The trips to Maine and Canada were my favorites.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?

Now that's a tough question. I think my all-time favorite knitting book would have to be "Folk Socks" by Nancy Bush. It was the first sock book I purchased, and I go back to it again and again. I'm also a big fan of the Yarn Harlot. I have all of her books (I think) except for the recent release "Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off".

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?

I haven't listened to any podcasts. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

1 comment:

Criquette said...

Spoiled, undisciplined hooligans...they sound like the kind of pups I'd like to have a few beers and shoot pool with!