Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No Food with a Face!

I don't talk about work much on the blog. Not because it's not a good idea (which it probably isn't), but because it's rare that something really blog-worthy happens at work. Until yesterday. I work in a museum at a cultural center. It's a pretty big complex, offering artist demonstrations in glass, pottery, woodworking, etc. I had heard that our big electronic highway sign was in need of repair. Not too exciting. Certainly not something to share here. Until, that is, my boss' husband called in around lunchtime. He drove past the sign, and instead of offering "GLASS DEMOS", we were apparently offering "ASS DEMOS". I kid you not. That prompted a quick phone call to have the sign changed.

Of course, I had to drive by it after work, hoping against hope that it wasn't changed yet. I'm sick, I know. Sadly, it was. All I saw was "SIT OUR MUSEUM" (instead of "visit").
I wouldn't have even shared it with you all if I hadn't waited around for all of the messages to cycle through and caught this next one. Who wants to "meet our artists" when you can...


Pretty disappointing when you're hoping for "ASS DEMOS", but I thought it was worth a chuckle.

No comments: