Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year's Eve meme

Yes, I know it is way past New Year's Eve, but I've been lax in blog reading for the past couple of days. I use Google Reader so I don't miss out on anyone's blog, but still it can take quite a while to read everybody's posts (I think I have about 55 blogs in my Google Reader account). My computer is in the old living room, and the heat is kept way down in that part of the house, so I don't linger too long on the computer when it is really cold out, because my fingers get stiff and icicles drip from my nose. Well, maybe it's not quite that cold in the house, but it's close.

Anyway, Jennifer of Yawn Over tagged me for a New Year's Eve meme, so here goes:

New Year's Eve -- do you like to stay in or go out?

Stay in, always. I don't drink, am uncomfortable in crowds, absolutely hate being on the road when there are others who have been drinking and driving.

Do you like to stay up or just go to sleep?

I usually stay up a little later than usual, but can't remember the last time I saw the ball drop in Times Square on TV.

Any special plans this year?

Nope, no plans.

What's your favorite New Year's memory?

One year my sister and I stayed up until midnight and made those frozen soft pretzel things and ate them. I think I was around 11 or 12. We tried to wait until close to midnight to cook them, but couldn't do it. It was a real treat - I think they were a new item in the grocery store that year. Dad was working (shift-work) and mom had gone to bed, so it was just us girls.

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

Nope. There is enough disappointment in life without setting myself up for more.

Feel like sharing them?

See above.

Do you do anything special on New Year's Day?

When we were kids, mom and dad used to take us to Longwood Gardens on New Year's Day. They still had the Christmas decorations up, and it was so beautiful. We would all pile in the car in our nicest Sunday clothes, and we would be there when they opened in the morning. It was never very crowded, as most people were probably sleeping off the "celebrations" from night before.

I guess I won't tag anyone since it's already the 4th of January....unless someone reading this really wants to participate. Knock yourself out!

2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Thank you so much for your comment and good thoughts about Georgie! And, how fun to be co-tagged on this meme.

HDW said...

Ok so the pic in the previous post makes me want to procreate again. Promise me from here on out you will only post pictures of UGLY UGLY babies SCREAMING bloody murder on your blog, or I will never return!! :) I am playing catch up on some bloggy goodness!