Thursday, June 21, 2007

A New (to me) Meme!

Tsuki of Tsuki's World tagged me with this birthday meme.

The rules: Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends. Tsuki added the reasons she picked the items, so I did, too.

My birthday is May 12

Events:
1780 - American Revolutionary War: Charleston, South Carolina is taken by British forces (if the brits prevailed, we'd all be speaking with really cool accents!)
1937 - Coronation of King George VI of Britain at Westminster Abbey (where they all spoke with really cool accents)
2000 - The Tate Modern art gallery opens in London. (again, just for the accent thing)

Births:
1820 - Florence Nightingale (the accent)
1955 - Kix Brooks (of Brooks and Dunn fame)

Holiday:
National Limerick Day (because who doesn't like a good limerick?)

My 5 tagees are: Noricum, Criquette, Shelly, Stephanie, and Shelby. No pressure, though. Since this is the first time I have seen this meme, and it was kind of fun, I don't feel too bad about tagging you all, but if you don't want to do it, that's OK too.

1 comment:

Lapdog Creations said...

I just added your link to my favorite blogs (on the side of my blog)! :)