Thursday, February 22, 2007

Three words you don't want to hear

Carcinoma
Metastasis
Lymphadenopathy

Mellie had her ultrasound appointment yesterday at the Veterinary Referral Center in Malvern, Pa. They were very nice, and gave us the results right away. She has a gastric tumor, inoperable, and the prognosis from chemo is "pessimistic." The report talks about "lymphadic invasion" and "lymph node metastasis." Since making her ultrasound appointment I've been trying to prepare for the worst. Can you ever be prepared?

We see our family vet tomorrow, but have already made the decision not to put her through drastic treatments with little or no chance of success. She will be happy and comfortable as long as we can make her so, and when she takes a turn we will know what to do. Sounds like I am cool and confident and in control, doesn't it?

I'm not.

1 comment:

Criquette said...

I came to check out your blog and found this post. I am so sorry and will keep you in my thoughts.