Friday, February 16, 2007

Blankie Update Friday

Yes, I finally have progress to report on the Mitred Square Blankie: six squares. That might not seem like much, but it's a whole lot more than I have been doing for the past month or so. Since the progress is just one step above pitiful, I couldn't shoot it laying on the floor so you could see the whole thing as though I took pride in this week's work. No indeed. Instead, here is Emma (a.k.a. Memmie, Schmemmie, Mimi, or "Stop jumping on Grammie") laying on the sofa, saying "Look at the pretty blankie I am wearing." Either that, or "Get this freaking thing off me." One or the other....I'm not sure which.

The reason I did some blankie knitting? It was a reward for finally, finally assembling the pink sweater and bonnet. The fact that it is for a baby shower next weekend was a bit of an incentive. Yes, I am also making a matching blanket, but we'll be lucky if it is done by the time the baby arrives. Especially if I reward myself for small accomplishments by NOT working on the blanket.

Anyway, here is a shot of the sweater and bonnet. I blocked it, and it is drying near the pellet stove. God bless the pellet stove. Without it we would all be freezing our buns this winter. Truly, this is the only warm room in the house.

No comments: