Saturday, May 9, 2009

What Day Is It?

It can't be Saturday. It just can't be. I've been sick, but still...it just can't be Saturday. That would mean I totally missed out on Dogs on Thursday this week. That would mean I called out sick three days this week. It just can't be Saturday.

Somehow I caught a nasty bug, and it turned into an upper respiratory infection, which has really wiped me out. How did that bug take hold of me? I've been taking an antibiotic for five weeks now for a wicked flare up of Rosacea, so shouldn't that have protected me from any nasty germs? Oh, well. My doctor gave me a prescription for a totally kick-butt cough medicine. It's good stuff, but it knocks me out. It's 5:30 pm, and I'm ready for bed. This is the first time in days that I've turned the computer on, and I'm so far behind in email and Google Reader, I'm wondering if I will ever catch up on everyone's blogs... Best not to try and get through it all right now. I think I'll take another swig of the cough medicine and slip off to a codeine-enhanced nap before bedtime. Do I know how to party on a Saturday night, or what?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yuk! I hope you feel better soon.

Sue said...

Feel better soon. We missed you this week. That cough medicine knocks me out, too.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Aww, feel better soon! We missed you too :)

Sonya said...

Wow, sounds like you have had a rough week. I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon!

SissySees said...

Bless your heart! Feel better soon!