Sunday, March 2, 2008

"February is for Finishing" is Finished!

I was so anxious to cast on something that on February 29th, I took this basket of sock yarn and three sets of needles to bed with me. Not only could I cast on a pair of socks at the stroke of midnight, but if there had been an intruder in the house, I could have poked his eyes out with sock needles! Forgive the messy nightstand, and take note of the time on the clock. 10:05 pm...less than two hours to go...

I briefly thought about staying up until midnight just to get another picture of the clock with just a few stitches on a needle, but zonked out instead. Fortunately, Tara needed to do a wee-wee at 4:45am, so after taking Tara and Emma outside, giving them their obligatory cookies, and crawling back under the warm covers, I cast on this much...

...and promptly went back to sleep.

Over the weekend, this is how much I got done on this particular sock:

I cast on for another sock, but didn't get very far...
...because most of my knitting time this weekend was spent on this:
It doesn't look like much now, but it's my very first Clapotis! Last month I joined a Clapotis KAL, but waited to cast on until the hateful "February is for Finishing" was over. Well, it's over, and I'm off to a running start.

What else is over? My pity party. Thanks for indulging me. At least it's mostly over...until I find out how much my incredible stupidity is going to cost me. Ugh.

5 comments:

CynicalGal said...

I'd like to commend you on your Feb is for Finishing...I'm impressed.

Hope things start working out okay for you :)

Donna Lee said...

Way to go! And I'm glad that the Feb is for finishing pressure is over. I love your sock yarn blanket. I am going to start one with my leftovers. I used to give the leftover yarn to the sock recipient in case there was ever a need for repair but not I am keeping them. I, too, like that I can name each pair of socks and who got them.

Nichole said...

LMAO... you super caster-onner! :) I had a semi productive knitting weekend - finished my Fetching coffee cozy (to match my Fetching mitts), finished my "secret project," cast on a new pair of socks, got 6 skeins of yarn wound and was about to cast on felted slippers when I realized I don't have size 11 DPNs and will have to buy some this week... lol

Mrs. H (aka MrsAych) said...

Wow... now that's knitting addiction. Waking up to take the dogs out and casting on in the wee hours? I'm impressed! :)

Criquette said...

Love the new socks - what kind of yarn is the first pair being made from? The clapotis looks like it's going to be gorgeous - can't wait to see it!