Wednesday, March 19, 2008

If only I could part with them...

My sister called me the other day and told me about some wackos --ahem-- entrepreneurs who are selling a corn flake in the shape of Illinois on eBay. She immediately thought of me and my growing collection of corn flakes. Yes, you read that right. I have a collection of corn flakes in the shape of sheep. (Two is a "collection", isn't it?) A lamb and a sheep head, to be exact.

It may just blow your mind when I tell you that both of these cornflakes were found at Christmas time, but not the same year. You see, for the past who-knows-how-many years, we have had Christmas breakfast at our house with the nieces & Uncle John, and I've been making a (much in demand) hash brown casserole. It contains frozen hash brown potatoes, butter, cheese, sour cream, and I forget what else right now. It's easy (you can throw it together the night before), delicious, and guaranteed to clog any remaining space in your arteries.

Anyway, the topping for this casserole is made from crushed corn flakes, mixed with melted butter, of course. Several years ago I was making the casserole and pow - right there in front of my eyes was the sheep's head cornflake! Well, I couldn't crush the poor thing and add it to the casserole, could I? No way. This little baby went into a jewelry box, nestled in cotton. Then, just this past Christmas, I was making the casserole again, and what do you think...I found the lamb corn flake! Do you see where I'm going with this? Finding these cornflakes is nothing short of a Christmas miracle!

Now, without further ado, for the first time ever, right here on this blog, may I present...

Lamb-y kins and Sheep-y head!



















Ha! You though I was some nut job who saved cornflakes in the shape of Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Gorbachev's birthmark, didn't you? Now you see that I am totally sane!

Hmmm, do you need a little help with the imagery? Maybe the tablecloth is distracting you. How is this?




















They are totally realistic, don't you think? No? How about a little help from paintshop.


















Uncanny, isn't it? Here's a little more help.
















And in case you're still in doubt...
















If I put these babies on eBay, I would be looking at early retirement, I'm sure. Either that, or my family would lock me away in a padded room somewhere. Baaaaa. Baaaaa!

5 comments:

HDW said...

Omg tooo funny!!!!! I remember a few years ago a potato chip with the image of elvis going for big bucks!!!

I would love the recipe for the artery clogger!!! Sounds perfectly delish!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFLACK......I am a duck who sells insurance!

Stephanie said...

LOL! Mmmmm - those look yummy. ;)

Sonya said...

Thank you so much!! I have been in need of a good laugh for several days. I will keep my eyes open for any interestng flakes.

Criquette said...

This is hilarious! Now you're gonna make me start examining my breakfast every day. after all, you never know what message the universe may have in a Cheerio.

Jennifer Lori said...

See...now...I didn't see it until you did the drawing. :)