Thursday, January 15, 2009

Scared "Spit"less

This week's Dogs on Thursday post is all about my sweet Tara.
My precious Tara.
My lovable Tara.

Tomorrow is a big day for my little Tatty McTatters. She gets to go for a R-I-D-E to the V-E-T for the second time in a week. She has an oozing lump (hope no-one is eating while reading this) on her hind leg, and while the vet said it's probably just an abscess and nothing to worry about, I'm worried. More than worried. Scared. Scared "spit"-less, so to speak.

Nine years ago we lost this lovely girl to cancer.


That's my darling Katie, much loved and missed, even after all these years. Katie was liver & white, and Tara is liver & white, as opposed to the much more common orange & white coloring in brittanys. Katie's cancer started out with a lump that looked an awful lot like the one on Tara's leg, and it turned out to be a mast cell tumor. Is there a connection in the coloring and cancer? Who knows. All I know is that I'm absolutely terrified, and will be until I get the results from the biopsy.


******************
added Jan 16, 4:30pm

Tara is now home from the vet. The surgery went well, and the biopsy should be back in 10-14 days. Thank you, everyone, for your concern and good wishes for my little girl.

15 comments:

YawnOver said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. We'll keep you and Tara in our thoughts.

Sonya said...

Katie was a beautiful girl. I will keep fingers crossed that it is nothing more than a simple abscess.

Stephanie said...

At least it's more likely to be an abcess - so you can keep telling yourself that. Is she acting just fine otherwise? She looks good! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Krista said...

Sending positive doggie vibes for Tara and the outcome from the V.E.T.!

SissySees said...

Oh dear... Sending healing drool (from Sissy, not me) to Tara, and thinking good thoughts. I know how you feel... liver tumors and spinal cord strokes are still on my mind. Here's to a good report soon.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers, both of you.
Been there too many times.
Hugs, Margo

imjacobsmom said...

Hope everything works out fine with Tara - she is such a pretty girl! I had a liver & white Brittany growing up and she was so loyal and sweet. She lived to be a ripe old age of 14! ~ Robyn

Donna Lee said...

Positive vibes from here,too. We went through a scare like that with our cat. There was pain involved. Turned out to be cellulitis and easily cured with an antibiotic. I hope things go easily for Tara, (and you, too)

Natalie Rush said...

Oh, I hope everything is ok!!! Please let us know!

Lapdog Creations said...

How's Tara doing... and how's MOM doing?

♥Mimi♥ said...

Hope all is well with your girl. Depending on her age, it could very well be a sebaceous cyst. Those things are horrible, just horrible, but NOT life threatening. I've had spaniels for years (without one for the first time in over 30 years)and they sure get some funny lumps and bumps. I fully understand your worry and am sending oodles of tender thoughts your way for your sweet, little lady.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Forgot to mention, Scout, my golden, would like sweet Tara to come over and see his pink piggie since she is showing of her prized blue buddy!

Although Scout does comment that he is not so bold as to have his mommy place a photo of him "in bed" on the internet for all the world of doggy-land to see :)

Sue said...

I know how scared you must be. I hope it turns out to be something minor, just a cyst. We went thru this not long ago with Noah and all is well now and he's standing here beside me sending Tara happy thoughts.

AllyB said...

Great photos!

Criquette said...

We are sending you and Tara our best thoughts and prayers every day until we hear that everything will be ok. I know that once you've experienced something bad, it's much harder to stay focused on a positive outcome. So we are keeping our fingers and paws crossed for your sweet girl.