Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back from the Brink

Yes, I've been AWOL from the blog for a while. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever holiday you celebrate. Despite my vow last year to be far, far away this Christmas, I was right here, doing all the same holiday stuff, but I really mean it this time. Next year, I'm taking the dogs and going to Tahiti, or the Grand Canyon, or an island off the coast of Maine, or anywhere, really. Despite my extreme scrooge-ness (and accompanying breakdown on Christmas Eve), Christmas came and went here in Britknitterville. Trees have been decorated...


...and cookies have been consumed by both two-legged and four-legged beings.

Try as I might, I couldn't get a picture of the three hooligans in their Christmas finery (new bandannas).

Socks have been knitted, and darn near completed on-time! Here is a shot of mom's Christmas socks a half hour before I gave them to her.


One sock finished, the other, not so much. I wrapped them up and gave them to her anyway. She had a moment of panic when she opened them, and she said "Oh, no... what am I supposed to do with this???" I think she was afraid I was going to make her finish them!

Here is a shot of dad with his two new friends. Anyone familiar with Jeff Dunham's comedy will immediately recognize Walter and Achmed.

Dad wants everyone to know that he does not play with dolls! Walter and Achmed are considered "collectible celebrities". At least that's what he is telling himself. I still think he plays with dolls...

6 comments:

Sue said...

That's quite a counter surfer you have there. It looks like nothing safe from him.

I have an award for you on my blog.

Donna Lee said...

When my brother was litte and had "dolls", my dad was quick to tell everyone they were "action figures". We all got a laugh because he played with them regardless of what they were called.

SissySees said...

Glad I don't blog read much at home. Sissy doesn't need lessons...

Maybe we can all pile into the beach house next Christmas and just have a doggy holiday?

Lapdog Creations said...

Love the doggy pics!

YawnOver said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who occasionally wraps an unfinished gift knit ;) I'm sure your mom will agree that those socks are worth the wait. Love the pic of the doggie (who is that?) reaching for the cookies - too cute!

Criquette said...

Achmed! I love Achmed - so what if your dad plays with dolls? he's still the best dad a knitter could have. Hugs to you and your hooligans.