Tuesday, November 18, 2008

They're Baa-aaaack!

Who's back? Take a look!


Can you see them? Those smudges in the sky? How about now? Yes, the Snow Geese are back!
They were flying right over the house this morning. Normally I hate all things winter-related, but who could hate a snow goose? Sure, when the Snow Geese arrive, full-blown winter is sure to follow. Winter, that most hated season of the year, with the dreaded snow, the cold, the snow, the darkness, the snow...and did I mention snow? Hateful stuff. Can't stand it. But Snow Geese are another story. Their devotion to their spouse, their quirky "honk", the way they sometimes fold their wings and "tumble" out of the sky... that's a site to see, let me tell you.

Welcome back, little friends. Safe travels!

5 comments:

SissySees said...

What a great photo of their formation!!

Donna Lee said...

Did you say Snow? love the stuff. The flurries yesterday made me smile all afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful photos! I love watching the birds migrate during the change of seasons, it inspires a strange nostalgia in me.

And just think... it's wooly sock season! Eh? eh? ;)

Paula said...

I just love watching all the geese here! A sure sign of autumn starting around here is flocks of geese everywhere.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I love snow, once a season when I don't have to go anywhere and when the guy across the street decides to shovel without my asking ...then I'd rather have 50-70 degree weather year round.