Thursday, July 26, 2007

One Sweet Ride!

Take a look at this baby:

Not bad for a trailer that used to just haul trash to the dump. Yes, that is correct. We have no trash pickup out here in the boondocks. We haul trash, recyclables, etc. to the dump ooops, I mean the "Convenience Center" ourselves. Hard to believe, isn't it? Anyway, the "Trash Trailer" has now been promoted to the "Kayak Trailer". My sister S and I helped Dad convert it so it is just right for transporting kayaks. See?

Of course, when I say we "helped", I really mean we mostly stayed out of the way while he cut all of the wood, bolted it all together, put new tires on the trailer, re-did the wiring, you know, stuff like that. We DID do the carpeting on the 2x4s and 2x6s, though. Custom upholstery - that's something I can add to my resume!


No comments: