Friday, May 18, 2007

Tag Alert!

I've been tagged! My first time - Woo Hoo! Thanks, Criquette.

Here are the tag rules:

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog the 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you are tagging a note in their comments so they know they have been tagged and to read your blog.

Seven Random Facts:

1. My dogs are my girls, my babies, my whole life. They are undisciplined hooligans, completely without manners and socialization skills, and have me wrapped around their little fingers, or dew claws, I should say, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Actually, I'm working on the manners thing. Or I should say I'm reading about working on the manners thing. I started with Cesar Milan's Cesar's Way, but don't think I can follow his program - it's a little harsh for my sweeties. I've started reading Tamar Gellar's The Loved Dog and think that maybe I can put some of her theories into practice. We'll see...

2. I do not eat meat or wear leather. "No Food with a Face." Shoe shopping can be challenging, but hey, there are always Crocs!

3. I have a sick sense of humor. At times, it is really, really sick. So does my Dad, so when we get going, watch out! We love to gang up on Mom, but it's only out of love! Birds only pick at the sweetest fruit, right?

4. I'm a compulsive counter. I'm not sure if that is a real "thing", but I'm always, always counting things in my head. The number of letters in a word, the number of syllables or words in a sentence, the number of telephone poles on the roadway...the list goes on and on. Maybe that's why I knit so much, so I have something to count all of the time?

5. I get a little thrill whenever I come across a word that can be typed using my left hand only. No cheating to cross over the keyboard into the right-hand keys! I'm right-handed, but love it when I can type Edward, Tara, Caesar, Warts, Seaweed, Aware, etc. without right-hand keys.

6. I have to read something before going to sleep, even if it's just a page or two. I like to do four Sudoku puzzles first, then read, but if I'm really tired I'll skip the Sudoku.

7. My degree is in Elementary Education, although I have never taught. I was in Student Teaching in 1986 when the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up, killing all seven on board, including the first teacher in space, Christa McAuliffe. That morning, before going to school to face a room full of first-graders (it doesn't sound so scary NOW), I remember wishing I was on board that space shuttle, too. It hit me then that I could NOT teach for the rest of my life. I dropped out of student teaching, but luckily had enough credits to graduate, anyway.

Now the tagging part, but I don't read a whole lot of blogs, and of the ones I read, most have already been tagged, so I'll pass it along to Jennifer, Noricum and Shelby. I don't think they have been tagged, yet, but I could be wrong.