Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wild and Wacky South Jersey!

One day this past week I became an "Adventure Girl"! That's the label I give myself when I go wild and crazy and go down a road I've never been on before just to see what's there. Pathetic, huh? Anyway, while on one of these "adventures", look what I found:

We saw a Bald Eagle a mile or so back, soaring over the marshland, looking for a snack. Could that be a Bald Eagle's nest?

Yes it is!
It is on a little road in the back of nowhere on the way to a little town called Seabreeze. Town??? Not really. Not even close. More like a cluster of houses on the edge of the bay. I just had to take a photo of this one.

Very well cared for, right down to the plastic flowers in the blue barrels and that unique fence. What kind of fence is that?

Yes, indeed, it's a fence made from kitty litter containers.
No 50 million years in a landfill for these babies. Nope. They are put to good use. The final irony?
You can't make this stuff up!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

That's something else. But yay for reusing, no?