Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Knitting

Not much has been going on around Britknitterville, other than an afternoon of fishing off of the beach at Fortescue, and another Brittany transport. Details and pictures of the transport will be coming on this week's post for Dogs on Thursday. As far as the fishing goes, nothing was caught, not even a bite! Chalk one up for the fishes!!!

All of that has added up to quite a bit of knitting time this weekend, so I have another pair of finished socks:

These are made from the April yarn that Emma selected from the Brown Bag Sock Yarn stash. The pattern is Charade, again, and I'm still loving it. I really like how you can see the stitch definition when it's make from a solid color of yarn.
I've also been swatching / experimenting with some sock yarn, but not for socks. :gasp: Sock yarn, but no socks?

Yep. Chan mentioned a Tofutsies Tee that she would like to make, so I followed her link, and I love it! I just might make myself a sweater! Woo Hoo - my first sweater! I even ordered the yarn for it, so either I'll be making myself a sweater or I'll be making a whole lot of socks out of Plymouth Sockotta sock yarn. Not Tofutsie's? Nope. (Don't get me started on my opinion of Tofutsies.) My sweater, my choice of yarn.

5 comments:

SissySees said...

LOL... That's right! Knit what you want, WITH what you want...

Love those socks. I'm going to have to knit my own Charades!

YawnOver said...

I agree - although I enjoy knitting socks with self-striping yarns, there is nothing like a beautiful stitch pattern done up in a simple solid. Your socks are a perfect example! Love that blue.

Lapdog Creations said...

Love the socks - can't wait to see if you make a tee or sweater!

Sue said...

I liked the Tee, too. Try a sweater, they can be fun if you like the yard and the pattern. They can get really boring if you don't.

Criquette said...

I'm catching up with your blog - I love the yarn for the tee - it is really yummy!