Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Knitting Report

Yes, there has been knitting around here. Although my wrist/hand wasn't fractured, it still hurts to pick up anything heavy, but knitting is OK, finally. I've been making up for lost knitting time with, what else, socks. Surprise, surprise!

These are the March Brown Bag Sock Club socks. The yarn is Opal, and the pattern is Charade.


Love that pattern. It's so easy to knit - it's like knitting on auto-pilot. These next socks I had started in my plain-old-go-to sock pattern, but ripped them out and started over in the Charade pattern. I couldn't help myself. I love it.

In case anyone is counting, that's four pair in a row in that pattern. Some might say I'm stuck in a rut, but I prefer to think of it as perfecting my skills in this particular pattern. Nope, that isn't it. I'm stuck in a rut, but I'm happy here, so who cares.

Finally, here are some premie hats knit for Nichole's little grand-niece Emma's NICU. The pattern is Mock Cable and Eyelet Rib.
I hope you come home soon, little Emma!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great, but I love those hats! They look so soft and cushy. Great job!

SissySees said...

Oooh, I'm going to have to explore that pattern - both of 'em!

Unknown said...

Thise hats are so sweet!

Donna Lee said...

Nothing wrong with a rut, it you're happy there.

Unknown said...

Hey Lady, What happened to your arm?
What happened with your MOM. Tell her I hope she feels better soon.
Let her know i am concerned for you both. Nancy

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

You do nice work!