Monday, October 6, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Yesterday my sister and I went to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival in Ringoes, NJ. It's nothing like the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, but it was a very nice little event. The weather was nice, and the sheep were friendly. While we didn't exactly see lions and tigers and bears (oh, my!), we did see lots of other critters who graciously let us humans take their extra "fluff" and spin it into yarn.

Just look at the mug on this Baby Face sheep. So cute!


While Jakob Sheep don't fall into the "cute" category, they do have some impressive horns!
Oh, and the alpacas - don't get me started on the alpacas. If I won the lottery, I would buy a farm just so I could have a herd of these cuties!

While I wouldn't need a farm for a "herd" of bunnies, I would need a dog-free home. Emma just hates bunnies with a white-hot passion. I'm afraid she would look past the funny face (and expensive price tag) on this little bunny and just consider him a "snack"!

Seriously, though, isn't he the sweetest thing? Those ears just kill me! He let me touch him, and he was soooo soft. It was like touching a cloud.

Emma says "Mmmmm, cotton candy!"

4 comments:

Sonya said...

I love the alpacas. The bunny is pretty sweet too.

SissySees said...

We had fun looking at the critters too, here in VA. I never can bring myself to take a photo of them though...

Donna Lee said...

Those bunnies were so cute, like cotton balls with eyes. My husband is already talking about how we can have an alpaca and it can go hiking with him because someone at the show mentioned that they like hiking.....

Lapdog Creations said...

OMG look at that bunny... cute!