Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Limping along on three wheels.

Well, nothing much to report... other than the fact that I was in a car accident. My first accident. The police officers on the scene could not believe this was my first. I suppose you can't blame them. I'm pretty old for this to be my first. I won't tell you how old I am, but if you take the number of flowers in a dozen roses and multiply it by the number of fingers on your hands (fingers only, no thumbs, please) and add 71 and divide that by the square root of...... Oh never mind. I'm 44. Fortunately no one was hurt (other than the fact that my neck is very sore), I was not at fault, and the other driver's insurance will pay for my car to be repaired, and for a rental in the meantime.

Still, it's upsetting. You should see my poor car. Most cars have four wheels, right? Not mine. I'm down to three wheels now. The whole wheel came right off the axle or whatever it is. Vital fluids were leaking onto the roadway. Very sad. With all of the damage to my car, it's amazing that there were no injuries. Hooray for Honda cars!

Years ago my dad went to some kind of training seminar for his work, and it was all about positive thinking, or some such rot like that. I listened to the tapes from the seminar, and the only thing I can remember from them is, when something bad happens, ask yourself "What's Good About It?" You know, like if you have a flat tire, What's Good About It? At least it is only ONE tire that is flat, and not all four, right? So, my list of "What's Good About" my car accident:

1) No one was injured (my neck is doing better, God Bless Advil)
2) My dad was home and could come and get me
3) The car can be fixed
4) My car insurance will not go up as a result of the claim

I'm sure there are lots more things, but those are the biggies. What would I do without my dad? My hero...my knight in shining armor. Whatever is wrong, he can make it right. If it is broken, he can fix it (except for balloons, of course). One of his favorite sayings: "I'll fix it if it takes every cent you've got!"

Well, to cheer myself up, here is a picture of one of my dogs. This is Emma being a funny girl. She is upside down on the sofa here. Does she look comfortable? I don't think so, but what do I know.




That's all for now. I'm going to go take an Advil and give Emma kisses for being so cute.

No comments: