Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dogs on Thursday, and Up with Toes!

For this week's Dogs on Thursday, Cooper offered to help pick the yarn for this month's Brown Bag Sock Yarn selection. Emma usually does it, but she decided she needed a break this month. Cooper gladly jumped right in, and there was much sniffing of bags...

...and scratching of heads....

...and he finally needed them spread out on the ground for him to make a final selection.
He made a good choice - Knit Picks' Felici! I already cast on, too. I've joined a Knit Along on Ravelry for Wendy Johnson's new book Socks from the Toe Up, and decided to use Felici for this month's assigned pattern, Lacy Ribs Socks (Ravelry link).
I've never been fond of knitting socks starting from the toe, but I'm loving this book. It's clear, concise, well written, and gives several options for toes, heels and bind offs. I used the Judy's Magic Cast On and it's great. It's really magic! I'm sure this book is one that I'll be going back to again and again.

9 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I love toe up socks and Felici! LOVE!

So, how far are you from Philadelphia? Interested in a mini gathering of bloggy yarnies on July 11? This Chicago gal will be in Philly that weekend.

Unknown said...

Emma left tough shoes to fill this month, but Cooper did a great job :) Beautiful socks OTN.

SissySees said...

Oooh! Pretty yarn and pattern. Way to go, Cooper!

Sue said...

Cooper did a great job, he chose really pretty yarn.

Marjie said...

Thor would only choose the bag which had been exposed to food!

Tina. said...

How cute. I can't do that with my pups you know. It is bad enough when I drool over the sock yarn....

I love doing socks, just completed another pair, now working on a tea cozy for my mom. But socks are addictive!

Lapdog Creations said...

Nice choice Coop!

Tobi said...

Nice job Cooper! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Tobi

Criquette said...

Cooper's pretty good at this! Emma better watch out!