Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Dogs on Thursday, Happy Spay Day and Happy Birthday, too! (and a Ducky update)

Happy Spay Day everyone, and a special Happy Birthday to my sister! To celebrate ASPCA's Spay Day, Emma went to the Vee-Eee-Tee. Well, she already had an appointment for routine shots, so we made it into a celebration. Emma and Tara got new bandannas, and mommy got a new t-shirt. They say "ASPCA We Are Their Voice". Of course, we had to dress alike just like a couple of geeks for the trip to the vet. Here is Emma in the car:


She likes going for rides in the car, but she is pretty sure that nothing good can come from this trip. She knows where she is going. Maybe that's because I've been singing this little ditty to the tune of "Buffalo Gals Won't You Come Out Tonight":

Emma's going to the Vee-Eee-Tee,
Vee-Eee-Tee, Vee-Eee-Tee,
Emma's going to the Vee-Eee-Tee,
To get a needle in the hiney!


Cruel, huh? Oh well, I've gotta get my jollies somehow.


Here is Tara when we got back, looking thoroughly pissed. She does not like that bandanna. Maybe it's because I've been pulling it up over her ears and making her look like a granny. She won't leave it like that long enough for me to get a picture.

Here is Emma looking like a Granny:

I had to get a shot of my new ASPCA T-shirt so you would know just how geeky I truly am. We made a big hit at the vet's office in our matching attire.One final picture of Emma and Tara sitting like the good little girls that they are. Don't they look so very well behaved and not at all hooligan-like? That's because I was holding peanut butter treats. Love those treats!
Now for an update on Ducky. Sadly, she is indeed missing. She hasn't been seen since Monday morning when I left for work. She never, never, ever wandered far from the coop, and about an hour before sundown (you could set your watch by her) she was back inside the coop, on one of the perches, settling herself in for the night. The fact that she has been missing for three nights now is not a good sign. I haven't given up all hope, but I have to say that I have very, very little left at this point. Dad has been walking the neighborhood every day, and my sister and I have been looking every evening after work. We also talked to the neighbors, and called the local animal shelters.

I'm still hoping she just wandered off and will come back by tomorrow. Tomorrow is her birthday - she will be 11 years old, and every year she has gotten an extra special treat for her birthday. Usually strawberries leftover from my sister's birthday cake (who turns 57 years old today.) Ooops, should I not have mentioned her age? Poor Ducky. I just wish I knew what happened to her.

Mom says it was a fox......and Dad says it was Colonel Sanders.Ducky, if you are out there, please, please, please come home!

8 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Great ORANGE pics!
I'm sad about Ducky... they don't typically leave their full nest like that, do they???

Anonymous said...

I hope Ducky comes home and I love that big doggie grin.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Oh, Ducky. I am wondering if it is post-partum...

On a lighter note, Emma and Tara's song is great! Did I ever tell you about the Gracie Doodle Song?

To the tune of Yankee Doodle:

Gracie Doodle came to town
a riding in a Saturn...

silliness and giggling ensues.

YawnOver said...

Such sinister predictions about poor Ducky! I bet just thinking about dealing with the inhabitants of all those eggs was enough to send her off the deep. The girls look terrif in their bandanas. Orange is their color. The Granny pose is my favorite, for sure ;)

Anonymous said...

You and the "girls" look so cute! Had I known Sissy would have been able to go to the vet yesterday - and remembered that it was the 10th - I would have decked her out in orange too!

Poor Ducky... I lost my two favorite roosters to hawks. I hope we're all wrong and she comes home!

Sonya said...

I hate to hear that she is still missing.
Hopefully she will show up just fine and very soon.

You all look good in orange!

Criquette said...

Although I am sadly thinking about the Duckster, you and the girls had me laughing out loud with the matching outfits, the VET song and the granny hats! We are like soul sisters! I sing dorky songs to the dogs and cats, too, including one based on "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", which they love. And I love to torture them all (except Bitsy the Slasher") by making their bandanas into "babuskas" and making them little grannies. They tolerate it, but make me pay with all the guilty looks. You all sound like so much fun to hang with!

dogquilter said...

love the orange!!