Monday, February 11, 2008

No Pitchers Today...

No pictures, either. Sorry - that's a pet peeve of mine, "pictures" vs. "pitchers". Another one is "nuclear" vs. "nukular". You would think that He-Who-Masquerades-As-The-Leader-Of-The-Free-World would know how to pronounce "nuclear". Or by this time someone on his staff would tell him...send him a memo...something...come on, people!

But I digress. My faithful digital camera gave up the ghost this weekend. [Cue sad music] I therefore cannot post pictures of all the socks and hats and blankets that I finished this weekend. Darn the camera, because if not for that, you would be looking at a lot of finished objects right now. Well, maybe that's a little bit of a exaggeration. I did finish a pair of socks, but that's it. Pictures to come as soon as I borrow my sister's camera.

Which leads me to my own informal consumer survey. I can't survive too long without a digital camera, so I've got to make a decision on either getting mine fixed, or buying a new one. I have a Kodak V550 digital camera that is just over two years old. I never had any trouble with it. Until it broke, that is. Did I mention it is broken? [Cue sad music, again] Does anyone have a digital camera that they just love? Or hate? I want one that is easy to use, takes good pictures, and is cheap. That's all. Oh, and if Colin Firth were to deliver it to my door, that would be great. Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Ciaran Hinds...any of the above would be just fine. Anyway, I dread the thought of camera shopping. I have no idea what to look for in a camera. If anyone has any input--the good, the bad & the ugly--that would be great.

6 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Sounds like a trip to BestBuy.com or Overstock.com will cure your camera blues! :)

silfert said...

Mmmmmm... Alan Rickman... ! Will he be standing in front of the camera during the delivery?

Donna Lee said...

I love my digital camera. It was a gift so I'm no sure of the cost. It's a Nikon Cool Pics. It is so easy to use and transfer the photos.

Tsuki said...

I'm sorry to hear about the camera... I have an Olympus Mju (said myuw like the greek letter) 725SW the S means it's shock proof (you can drop it and it doesn't get hurt) and the W means waterproof (you can drop it in water and it doesn't get hurt). It has loads of modes for taking better pictures which I never use because the auto settings are just dandy, the only one I bother with is the indoor-light-no-flash setting for taking photos of yarn and getting nicer colours (more realistic) - my sister has an Mju mini which is pretty good too.

Jennifer Lori said...

I don't use my digitals to their full capability, but I have always heard that for digital camera, Canon is best, and for video camera, Sony is best. That's what I have, use, and love. If you type in "digital camera review" in Google you'll get some good review sites, with lots of good info and user ratings.

noricum said...

I love my Canon Digital Elph... it's small, light, goes with me everywhere, and takes pretty good pictures.