Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Harlot Alert!

Several weeks ago, there was a report on Ravelry that the Yarn Harlot would be coming to New Jersey on October 19th. Yes, none other than the famous Stephanie Pearl-McPhee coming to our little State! As soon as I heard this, I arranged to take the day off from work, and proclaimed the day "Harlot Day" on calendars at work. (I thought about writing to the State Legislature to have it proclaimed state-wide, but thought better of it in a rare moment of sanity.)

Then I went to the Harlot's web site to check the Harlot On Tour schedule. The New Jersey date wasn't listed. The schedule ended in September with a teasing "...more to come" at the bottom. No problem. Just be patient and keep checking. And checking and checking. Sometimes several times a day. Was it just a rumor? A conspiracy? Why didn't I check the Harlot's schedule before writing "Harlot Day" on everyone's calendar at work? In ink, no less! The horror. The shame. The paranoia...

Until yesterday. The Harlot blogged about coming to New Jersey! It's true! The details are:


Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka the Yarn Harlot)
October 19, 2007 7:00 PM

Borders - Marlton, NJ
515 Route 73 South
Marlton, NJ
Phone:856.985.5080

RSVP to Karen Landers
856-985-8909 or
klanders@bordersgroupinc.com

I'll be there with bells on!

2 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Have fun... lucky you!!! I wasn't able to make it to see her the past 2 times she came to New England :(

Donna Lee said...

I rsvp'd for myself and my two daughters. Do you believe the woman told me to come only half an hour early? We planned to get there real early to get a seat. Fortunately, we live very close. We are having a count down here as well!