Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dogs on Thursday

Emma and Tara have graciously stepped aside for this special edition of Dogs on Thursday. I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the extended family. This is Jack.




Jack has only one eye, and my twisted dear sweet niece J named him after the one-eyed-jack in a deck of cards. Jack was in a shelter in Georgia last week, and was going to be put down, until my niece heard about him. He has a sad story, which includes the loss of an eye, but I won't let my niece or sister tell me any more about it. I just can't take it. (As much as I would like to know about my own Tara's background, I really don't want to know, you know? We adopted Tara through American Brittany Rescue when she was about a year old.) My niece says she is just fostering him for her rescue, FurrEver Friends Rescue & Volunteers, but I don't think she will be able to part with this sweet little boy. At least, I hope not.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Dear Lord, why are people so cruel to dogs. Jack looks like a great guy and your niece a good soul to give him a temporary ;o) home! He looks like a gem! Give him a hug and kiss for Oliver and me.

Lapdog Creations said...

Ooohhh... please, please, please give your niece a BIG HUG from her newly extended friend Nichole! :) Tell her she is doing something so wonderful... and I really do hope that she will KEEP Jack. It looks like they were already meant for each other! (our Teutul was our very first foster... FAILED foster, obviously... it looks like we'll be getting his little mini-me look alike to foster on the 21st if he's not found a home by then)

Lapdog Creations said...

Oh and Lola was also a rescue - we did plan / adopt her on purpose though, lol. :)

Criquette said...

Oh, he is so precious! I just want to give him a big hug. And I want to hug your niece, too for rescuing jack and giving him the chance for a happy and safe life.

Jen said...

He's beautiful! I hope she decises to keep him. :)