Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Cuteness

Who wants to see some cute pictures of the babes? I hope you said "I do", because here they are.

This is Emma (on the dog bed) and Tara (on the ottoman) lounging around, getting rested up for the Christmas excitement to come. Mellie declined the invitation to have her picture taken. She thought she was having a bad hair day, and didn't want it recorded on this blog for all the masses (ha!) to see.














"Hooray - presents! Grammie and Grampa brought presents! We love presents! We love Grammie and Grampa!" Emma has her head in the bag, while Tara watches patiently. Again, Mellie used the bad-hair-day excuse. I think she was just too lazy to bother getting off of the sofa.













Here's Mellie - caught on camera at last! She is sneaking away with one of the new bones from Grammie and Grampa.














Here's Tara, enjoying her new bone. Note the use of her paws - holding the bone upright so she can chew it better. So very intelligent... When we first got her from American Brittany Rescue (a GREAT organization), she didn't know what toys and bones were for. How sad is that? She was wary of people, too, but quickly learned how to wrap everyone around her little finger, or should I say dew claw.














And here's Emma, of course. She is posing with her new bone. Doesn't she look regal?


















Here's Grammie (a.k.a. Mum) decked out for Christmas with the bow from one of her gifts. This is just after dinner Christmas Eve, and we all opened one present each before she left to sing in the church choir. I tried to convince her to wear this bow to church. I think it would have been a nice addition to the traditional Christmas Cantata....

If you'll look very closely, you will see evidence of actual knitting. What looks like a misshapen blob on the table is actually the jaywalker socks I've been working on. Yes, they are a Christmas present, and yes, I know Christmas is now over.... Gotta get working on them there socks.


















And here is Grampa (a.k.a. Dad) opening one of his gifts. The mat says "Welcome to my garage. Not just parking space, but a world class destination." You have to know him to know just how appropriate this is. I stopped by their house on the way to work the other day, and he was on his hands and knees scrubbing the garage floor. I don't even do my KITCHEN floor on hands and knees. He's the original "Mr. Clean"-- it's a sickness.















Finally, here is sweet Mellie, zonked out from a day of partying and such. Please don't mention her hair - she's very sensitive about it.













I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate. Personally, I'd like to see Festivus become a national holiday!

"And now for the airing of grievances...I've got problems with all you people!" Frank Constanza, Seinfeld, season 9, episode 10.

No comments: